CLAIM: 50 Cent Had TLC’s Starter Wives Confidential Canceled
2:39 pm, February 19th, 2013
Is 50 Cent responsible for getting TLC’s new reality show “Starter Wives Confidential” canceled?
That’s what the rapper claimed in a series of tweets on Monday, writing, “I want to apologize to cast of Starter Wives for having the show pulled off the net work.i sincerely hope you find work.”
50 Cent went on to brag, “The show was trash, angry ex girls that have a sense of entitlement that cant be met. Come on, I didn’t like it so its off.”
The rapper’s baby mama Shaniqua Tompkins was one of seven original cast members on the series, which follows the lives of the ex-girlfriends and ex-wives of celebrities such as DMX and Lamar Odom.
Tompkins bowed out of the project before the show aired, allegedly at the rapper’s demands.
But was 50 Cent also responsible for having the series itself axed?
Gossip Cop checked in with a production insider, who tells us the rapper’s claims are not at all accurate.
Our source says, “50 cent had nothing to do with the decision” to cancel the show, adding that the choice was solely a “network decision.”
A TLC spokesperson tells us, “The remaining episodes of ‘Starter Wives Confidential’ will play out on TLC.com.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- Rajon Rondo Goes Chinese
- John Mayer & Katy Perry's Romantic Photoshoot
- Drake Pulls Out All The Stops For Rihanna
- Jada Pinkett's M.O.: Rescue Willow From Hollywood!
- Scarlett Johansson's 10 Sexiest Looks
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Double Date With Kanye West And Kim Kardashian
- Is Kanye West Finally Embarrassed After Irrational Outburst?
- Nick Cannon Impostor Pulls Off Jewelry Heist