50 Cent Demands New Record Deal, Threatens to Release Music Himself
8:22 pm, January 1st, 2012
50 Cent says he has a new album ready to be released but no record company to release it.
The rap star sent out a flurry of tweets on Saturday, telling Interscope Records head Jimmy Iovine to sign him to a new deal or he will release the new music himself.
“I need a record deal jimmy iovine,” 50 wrote. “call me early tomorrow or I’m putting out another mix tape.”
50 self-released the mix tape The Big 10 in December and later performed one of its tracks on “The X Factor” finale.
The move apparently wasn’t enough to get Iovine’s attention, and the hip-hop star is now making an appeal on Twitter.
“Anybody want to sign me,” he tweeted. “I’m a young hungry artist and I work harder then (sic) everybody in hiphop.”
The “In Da Club” rapper went on to say his “next album is great” and it’s a “shame the hardest people to work with were suppose to be on the same team with me.”
He also vowed not to do any press for the album, insisting his “music speaks for itself.”
“Music was so much fun for me now the people and politics involved disgust me,” he added.
50 ended his rant by promising to release a new song featuring Eminem at midnight, but so far, he hasn’t delivered.
As for Iovine, he has yet to respond publicly to 50′s demands.
What do you think of 50′s tweets?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- Short Fashionistas Who Style Their Body Right
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- What Would Blair Underwood Give Up Fame For?
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- A Cute Daddy Daughter Moment Courtesy Of Jay Z
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- Idris Elba Talks Fathering A Child That Wasn't His