2012 Time 100 List Announced
9:28 am, April 18th, 2012
Time has announced its ninth annual TIME 100 list of the “most influential people in the world.”
“Celebrities” who made the cut include:
A number of celebs also contributed written pieces:
Angelina Jolie on filmmaker Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy
Stella McCartney on Rihanna
Ashton Kutcher on Spotify CEO Daniel Ek
Pink on Adele
Howard Stern on Matt Lauer
Johnny Depp on Harvey Weinstein
Kathy Griffin on Chelsea Handler
Alyssa Milano on Mashable CEO Peter Cashmore
Elton John on singer Raphael Saadiq
Sarah Jessica Parker on designer Sarah Burton
Profile highlights include:
Adele by Pink: ”There are a few artists in my life who I can think back and remember where I was when I first heard them…. Her success renews hope in me that the world I live in has good taste—that we still occasionally come back to what’s simple, and simply amazing.”
Chelsea Handler by Kathy Griffin: “Look, I don’t know how Chelsea Handler does it. Chelsea presides over her own media empire—talk show, sitcom, books—all while sharing a network with Ryan Seacrest and the Kardashians. To hell with the Time 100; she should be Person of the Year just for putting up with Khloe.”
Rihanna by Stella McCartney: “She’s one of the coolest, hottest, most talented, most liked, most listened to, most followed, most impressive artists at work today, but she does it in her own stride…. This is the beginning for Rihanna…. She is just getting going, so watch out.”
Matt Lauer by Howard Stern: “We all wondered, Was it over? It’s over, it’s over, he’s losing his hair! It’s got to be over! But we were wrong! … He was still the smartest, the strongest, the classiest…. No wonder NBC is paying someone $25 million a year and it ain’t me!”
Harvey Weinstein by Johnny Depp: “There are producers, and then there are producers. Harvey belongs to the latter batch…. Harvey isn’t afraid of a duke-’em-out. (I’ve had the pleasure of being both his ally and his enemy at various times.) He stops at nothing for what he believes in.”
The full list can be seen here!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet