19 Kids And Counting Pulled From TLC Lineup; Duggar Show’s Future Uncertain
“19 Kids and Counting” was pulled from TLC’s lineup on Friday, leaving the future of the show uncertain. The network made the decision one day after Josh Duggar, who appears on the show with his family, apologized for sexually assaulting minor girls, including some of his sisters. TLC said in a statement, “Effective immediately, TLC has pulled all episodes of 19 Kids and Counting currently from the air. We are deeply saddened and troubled by this heartbreaking situation, and our thoughts and prayers are with the family and victims at this difficult time.
As Gossip Cop reported, news broke earlier this week that Duggar had been investigated by police back in 2006 for molesting five underaged girls. The incident happened when he was 14-years-old. TLC has reportedly not decided whether they will cancel “19 Kids and Counting” entirely but, for the time being, the network will not air anymore of the show’s episodes.
TLC has faced a tremendous amount of backlash in the past 24 hours since Duggar’s sexual assaults came to light. Viewers were outraged that the network aired a “19 Kids and Counting” marathon on Thursday, and “Mama June” Shannon also lashed out at TLC, accusing the network of giving the Duggars a pass. She also said she was going to sue TLC if they they didn’t pull “19 Kids and Counting.” Mama June’s own TLC show with her family, “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo,” was cancelled last year after reports surfaced that she was dating Mark McDaniel, a convicted sex offender, who allegedly assaulted her daughter. What do you think about TLC pulling “19 Kids and Counting” from its lineup?